Sunday, January 27, 2008

My Stampin' Up Night in London


Wow what a night ! As some of you might not be aware but I suffer from Chronic Agoraphobia. I don't go out much and if I do it's with great difficulty and pain as I get several panic attacks which are frankly debilitating.

I was in two minds in going for that SU Open Night but I conforted myself that it was very near where I live and I had to take only two buses. I was a bit apprehensive but felt safe as my carer (Vince) was coming with me and I made arrangements to meet inside the Holiday Inn with Jodi. We hadn't met officially but were exchanging emails as she got referred to me by Stampin'Up head office.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself during those two hours. We've created two 'Make & Take', the demonstrator Sally made it look so easy and I managed to botch my stamping that night. But most importantly I had lots of fun, meeting other crafters and crafting celebs (Paula and Caz). Shelli was very welcoming and warm, she zoomed in unto our tables because with two men we sticked out like a sore thumb. She was very pleased to see more men taking on craft and I have to agree with her, we are a rare sight but I'm sure there a lot of men out there who enjoy papercrafting.

The two hours went very quickly and there was not a dull moment. Obviously the night was also for recruiting more demonstrators but there was no hard sell, everything is explained very well. There were raffles and a few won lovely stamping sets. We also got some leaflets about stamping techniques and a Stampin'Up Catalogue (UK Edition).

Since everything was supplied to create our little masterpieces ! LOL I noticed this big scrubbing pad to clean stamps which opens up like a big inkpad. Jodi explained how it worked and I was sold (wet side-clean; dry side-dries) simple but very effective; Vince was really impressed with the craft and rubber scissors (very sharp!) so yep you've guessed it, I ordered those as well, a two steps set of stamps completes my order.

I hope there will be another night next year...it's an outing worth going out for despite my illness. Thank you to all that were there and made me feel very welcome, truly appreciated.





Shelli (SU CEO) and ......yep you've guessed it: myself !
Posted by Picasa
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain