Thursday, January 10, 2008

Stampin'Up in the UK, have you ordered yet ?


Unless you've been living in a cave for the past few month then it's not big news that Stampin'Up (SU) have finally opened in the UK. I remember trying to bribe some USA SU demonstrators so that they could ship to the United Kindgom but to no avail...they wouldn't do it, bless them.

For those of you who don't know them, SU stamps are wooden back stamps that you assemble yourself giving you a better price. They also have wheelie/roller stamps with lovely designs and patterns. I've got my eye on a few items and I can't wait to place my first order. I'm just waiting for them to start with some special offers or possibly exclusive stamps of the month.

Now I've found three demonstrators to order from (potentially there's a fourth on the horizon), so I got my SU catalogue from one of them, a bit disappointed it was a bit on the thin side but I guess they are just starting and are trying to find their feet in the European market (they have opened in France and Germany too).

I was lucky enough to get my hands on a set of stamps called 'Nostalgia', I have the feeling it's a retired set but I really like it nevertheless. As soon as I got it I had to make something out of it; I created a card and a collage/postcard.



I've used papers from Papermania and SU ink together with their felt pens to colour the stamp imprint. I've done a bit of matting and layering although I used the inkpad to create the background paper to match with the mottled effect on the stamp.



For the collage/postcard, Papermania papers, Key Stamp (SU), Artsy Collage Stamps (HOTP), just a quick layering work and edges inking.
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain