Thursday, February 07, 2008

Oriental Card - Ismaki Sketch No. 5




I know I know, I'm a bit late since the Ismaki Sketches are released every Monday but once you read what it took me to make that card ( I nearly gave up half way through ! LOL ).

I started using a pearlescent cardstock in blue for the background but textured it with my trusted Fiskars templates, I picked those little rounded blocks because they reminded me of woven bamboo. Then I proceeded to mat a piece of paper with a lotus on it which it from the Oriental QVC TSV kit in the meantime in that kit they were some small playing card like vignettes so I went on and used Anita's 3D glossy accents to turn the round image into an almost like epoxy sticker.

After that I went stamping using both stamps that come with the Oriental kit from QVC: the geisha and the background with cherry blossoms. The geisha was coloured with watercolours whilst the cherry blossoms were done with my newly purchased pastel pencils using Sansodor (you're right Andrea it's a dream to use). After that I matted the geisha unto mat silver mirri card and used the strip left as a border across the card as per sketch I punched holes alongside it with my cropadile and used Papercellar raffia in white to create a blanket stitch.

Finally I pulled my quilling kit that was shouting to be used and decided to create arabesques in white, when all those curls were drying, I découpaged a matching lotus (still from the QVC Oriental Kit) and finally I assembled the card ! I was so glad it was finished...I'm a very slow crafter and like to do a little bit and come back to it.....I usually do that in an afternoon but this card was over three days ! LOLOLOL I'm too slow !
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain