Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bear on a canoe card - Pagemaps sketch



An Italian friend (Emanuele) of mine left a comment a few days ago that he wanted the next card to be with a canoe/kayak theme. I asked Vince to find me some royalty free piccies on the web and when I saw this scene I knew it would be perfect. The print-out sat there for a few days until I came across a sketch from Pagemaps (Becky do Cardmaps too) April 2005 cardmaps bunch. (this link opens as PDF)

I pulled my Deja Views pad Blue Raspberry and found a huge tag with brown and turquoise and a hint of purple...so I used some petal points fluid chalk ink to edge the cardstock and the printed image. I also edged with a tombow black marker to 'lift' the image. finally I've used some newly purchased Derwent colorsoft pencils to color in the canoe and bear.

The sketch wanted a string of some sort and I've used a piece of jute string...completing the tag with an old fashioned feel button.

You can see the rest of my blog posts either by clicking the HOME link (Top Left) or this LINK
Related Posts with Thumbnails

Ratings and Recommendations by outbrain