For those of you who don't already know, I was selected to be part of the new Design Team (DT for short) for Panpastel. My excitement turned into panic when I realised:
- I haven't used pastel much in the past (apart from using pastel pencils)
- I'm not an artist, I know how to assemble elements and hope that it will look good enough to make a decent card but that's about it.
- I didn't have any clue where to look to see what other crafters were using them with...
I also did a search on Hubpages (where I wrote a few articles about cardmaking myself) I really like that resource site as the quality of the article is usually very high. I wasn't disappointed; a few artists were showing how they were using panpastel and how to go about it.
I finally started to search on Google but as I feared it was full of retailers selling the stuff instead of how to use them etc... Obviously I need to modify my keyword search and this is where you come in helping me.
- What are you favourite keywords to find how to use new techniques ?
- What are your favourite sites apart from Google and Blog Google to take you to interesting finds ?
- Do you use only manufacturers website or even online retailers to see how to use some new mediums you never came across before ?